EU-TEXTILE2030, the European Advanced Textile Materials’ cluster, meets in Lille
The consortium members from EU-TEXTILE2030 project met in Lille on October 4th and 5th.
The meeting was held in the headquarters of French partner UP-TEX, located in the facilities of CETI – Centre Européenne des Textiles Innovantes – in Tourcoing. CETI is an applied research and innovation center focused on design, experimentation and prototyping of textile materials and products.
All the project partners participated in the meeting, ATEVAL (coordinator), AEI TÈXTILS, CLUTEX, POINTEX, UP-TEX, TECHTERA and SACHSENTEXTIL EV. In this meeting, Steve Kay, cluster manager from the advanced textile materials’ cluster NWTEXNET from the North West British region, participated in the meeting as invited member from the External Advisory Board.
During the first morning of the meeting, representatives from the major R&D centers from the Hauts-de-France regio, CETI, IFTH – Institute Français du Textile et de l’Habillement and ENSAIT - École Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Industries Textiles, presented their main research lines in the field of advanced textile materials. The morning meeting ended with a visit to CETI facilities.
During the afternoon, the project partners did a work session on internationalization with the goal of defining the major challenges the consortium is facing and defining a set of proposals for improvement for its implementation on the upcoming activities.
On the second day of the meeting, partners presented the results from the activities performed during the last period and discussed the planned activities for the next months with focus on:
- AEI TÈXTILS, as Colombian mission coordinator, debriefed the outcomes of the activities conducted during the mission held from July 23d to 27th and which received organizational support from the Portuguese Textile cluster.
- TECHTERA, as coordinator for South Africa, explained the details for the mission planned from November 19th to 23rd 2018. Messe Frankfurt, organizer of ATF trade fair in Cape Town (November 20th to 22nd) where EU-TEXTILE2030 will participate, is providing support to the mission.
- CS-POINTEX presented two matchmaking activities that will take place during the major international events from the sector: TECHTEXTIL (Frankfurt May 2019) and ITMA (Barcelona June 2019) with the goal to foster networking among companies.
The project EU-TEXTILE2030 will end in 2019. During the implementation period of the project, clusters’ members will be able to participate in the following foreseen activities:
• Business missions to Colombia, South Africa, Israel (Q1 2019) and Japan/Taiwan (October 2019).
• Market studies and informative webinars from each country/area.
• Joint participation to 3 international trade fairs in Colombia (Colombiamoda 2018), South Africa (ATF 2019) and Taiwan (TITAS 2019) under the umbrella of the European cluster EU-TEXTILE2030.
• Creation of a European association which will represent the European advanced textile materials’ cluster with headquarters in Brussels along with the development of the short and midterm strategy.
The project is co-funded by COSME program – Clusters Go International from the European Commission.